ESL for International Students
St. Patrick Adult & Continuing Education of the London District Catholic School Board would like to invite you to visit our beautiful country and learn English in Canada.
International students bring a rich infusion of many cultures to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome and wanted in our school in London, Ontario.
Reasons to study in Canada:
- Canadian educational opportunities rank among the best in the world.
- Tuition fees for international students in Canada, and the cost of living, are also among the lowest in the world-especially to learn English as a Second Language.
- Eligible students can gain valuable Canadian work experience and London community employment if they are Visa qualified in addition to their permission to study here.
- Canada is a multicultural country. Regardless of your ethnic origin, you will feel at home and will build friendships with other students while studying here.
- According to the United Nations, Canada offers one of the highest standards for quality of life in the world.
- A completed (signed and dated) CFLL Application Form.
- A copy of a translated transcript or school reports from the current year and last two years if applicable.
- Proof of vaccination against tuberculosis, mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and polio.
- Proof of private health insurance coverage for the duration of the study period.
St. Patrick Adult & Continuing Education
1230 King Street
Application Procedure Once Accepted
Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For you to determine what you will need to graduate with a high school diploma, contact one of our guidance counsellors at the Centre.
An appointment is recommended. call 519-675-4436 ext. 0.
It helps to bring in the following documents:
- Your ESL assessment
- Your immigration document proving eligibility
- Any educational documents such as transcripts you possess from your own country
- Other documents from work you may have done in the past
- Original and valid Study Permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Passport and/or birth certificate.
- Transcripts in English from your former school if you have them or verification for how your will obtain them once you have arrived.
- Proof of residency in the City of London.
- Payment - cash or debit payments are accepted for ESL classes in our office.