ESL for International Students
The Centre for Lifelong Learning of the London District Catholic School Board would like to invite you to visit our beautiful country and learn English in Canada.
International students bring a rich infusion of many cultures to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome and wanted in our school in London, Ontario.
Reasons to study in Canada:
- Canadian educational opportunities rank among the best in the world.
- Tuition fees for international students in Canada, and the cost of living, are also among the lowest in the world-especially to learn English as a Second Language.
- Eligible students can gain valuable Canadian work experience and London community employment if they are Visa qualified in addition to their permission to study here.
- Canada is a multicultural country. Regardless of your ethnic origin, you will feel at home and will build friendships with other students while studying here.
- According to the United Nations, Canada offers one of the highest standards for quality of life in the world.
- A completed (signed and dated) CFLL Application Form.
- A copy of a translated transcript or school reports from the current year and last two years if applicable.
- Proof of vaccination against tuberculosis, mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and polio.
- Proof of private health insurance coverage for the duration of the study period.
The Centre for Lifelong Learning
1230 King Street
Application Procedure Once Accepted
Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For you to determine what you will need to graduate with a high school diploma, contact one of our guidance counsellors at the Centre.
An appointment is recommended. call 519-675-4436 ext. 0.
It helps to bring in the following documents:
- Your ESL assessment
- Your immigration document proving eligibility
- Any educational documents such as transcripts you possess from your own country
- Other documents from work you may have done in the past
- Original and valid Study Permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Passport and/or birth certificate.
- Transcripts in English from your former school if you have them or verification for how your will obtain them once you have arrived.
- Proof of residency in the City of London.
- Payment - cash or debit payments are accepted for ESL classes in our office.