Summer School Information
Help Chat is available for the following issues only: (1) Login issues and (2) Requests for set-up of Multi-factor Authentication for travellers going outside of Canada. Once you are on this page, look for the chat start in the lower right corner of your browser:
For help with other issues, check the Student Help page in the VLE for a list of whom to contact and in what order.
Summer School with the London District Catholic School Board will be offered only online this summer. In-class, Co-op and Edu-travel classes are cancelled for 2020.
Online Summer School courses will be offered through D2L, which allows students the flexibility to access their assignments and course material at anytime and in any location throughout the summer session. Students can choose from a large selection of new course offering, if they have the required prerequisites.
Please review the course offerings below. Discuss your course choice with your guidance counsellor, teacher and parents/guardians. Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The receiving date will be the Centre’s method of determining registration priority and class assignment.
Summer School Improvement Credits are now being offered this summer. Students must have already passed the course to be eligible to enrol in an Improvement credit. This is an opportunity for students to Improve their mark in a course that they have already passed, and want to improve in areas of the course where some improvement is needed. Please see the Improvement Credit Registration Form below.
For any New Registrations, please print and complete the appropriate Registration Form below and upload it to the link below. Each Registration Form must be uploaded separately to the Link. Don't forget to let your school know that you are taking a Summer School course as you plan for Summer School by sending them an email!
Key Dates, Course Offerings and Registration Forms
June 26: Last day to register for 2020 Summer School
July 2 to July 28: Summer School 2020
Course Offerings and Registration Forms Found Here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Students under 18: A parent/guardian must contact the Summer School office to request for the student be withdrawn from the course.
- Please note, to avoid academic penalty, you must drop the course by July 16, 2020.
Terms and Conditions of Attending Summer School
New Credit: On-line Information
Keep in Mind:
- As with regular courses, assignments will have dates by which they must be submitted.
- Students are expected to contribute to discussion groups in a timely manner and submit assignments as laid out in the course information.
- The teacher can track student activity and postings. This allows the teacher to verify student postings and assignment submissions.
- All assignments submitted are stored in the e-Learning site. This is the confirmation of receipt - time and date stamped.
- On-line etiquette is expected. If a student’s computer activity is not appropriate, they may be removed from the course.
All registration confirmations will be sent either by email or phone call using the contact information provided on the registration form. Please ensure the email address provided on the registration form is accurate and legible. Students must log in on before July 2, 2020 to remain in the course. Confirmation of course registration will begin May 20, 2020.
Please be aware that it is academic fraud when a student has anyone else do their coursework. If concern is raised about a student’s performance related to validity of their on-line work, the final mark will be held until the student can attend a meeting with the instructor and demonstrate that they have indeed completed the coursework independently.